The 9-10 and Majors District tournaments and the 9-10 Provincial tournament will follow the Little League tournament rules as outlined in the 2022 Little League Rulebook.
District tournaments will be follow a double round robin format followed by a Championship game. There is no "if: game in the 2022 District tournaments.
The 9-10 Provincial tournament will follow a single round robin format followed by 2 semifinal games (for the top 4 ranked teams: 1 vs 4 and 2 vs 3) and a Championship game between the winners of the semifinal games.
1) All players coaches and spectators must adhere to the physical distancing restrictions as well as the health and safety requirements of the B.C. Return To Play guidelines and the conditions of the Vancouver Parks Board field permits. Please follow the instructions on any signage at the fields and respect the authority of the Tournament Director and league representatives.
2) Only players, official managers and coaches, and umpires are allowed on the field of play (including dugouts) during the game. Spectators must remain in the areas designated for spectators.
3) Games will follow standard Little League "mercy rules" without exception.
4) Mandatory play rules are in effect for all games. For teams with 13 or more players at the start of the game, all players must have at least 1 at-bat. For teams with 12 or fewer players at the start of the game, all players must have at least 1 at-bat and 6 defensive outs in the field.
5) Little League Pitching Rules are in effect for all tournament games. For 9-10 year old players the maximum number of pitches in a day is 75 and for 11 and 12 year old players the maximum number of pitches is 85. Days of rest after pitching must be observed both within the tournament and between the District and Provincial tournaments:
66 or more pitches: 4 calendar days of rest
51- 65 pitches: 3 calendar days of rest
36-50 pitches: 2 calendar days of rest
21-35 pitches: 1 calendar day of rest
1 - 20 pitches: no rest required
No pitcher is allowed to pitch on 3 consecutive days.
Pitchers at one of the thresholds may finish the batter without penalty before being replaced.
A player who has pitched more than 40 pitches in a game may not play catcher for the remainder of that day.
A player who has been catcher for more than 3 innings may not play pitcher for the remainder of that day.
6) Teams are ranked by Win-Loss record. In the event of a tie, the International Tournament Pool Play Tiebreaker procedures as outlined in the 2022 Little League Tournament Rules will be followed.
7) For the District 9-10 tournament, District Majors tournament and Provincial 9-10 tournament, all protests will be resolved [in order] by 1) Umpire Crew 2) Tournament Director 3) Little League Canada Regional Director.